Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Scrap Happy

Over the last year I started making homemade cards. I don't really know how it started, but before I knew it I had a full basket at Hobby Lobby and signed up for card making classes. What began as cards making, soon turned to paper crafts, and from that to scrap booking. I always said I would never scrapbook. Yeah, I know never say never.

I've come to enjoy the hands-on tactile experience. There is something about getting my hands messy, picking paper colors and embellishments that I love. I have been a writer for years, but have stumbled upon a dry spell and I think the whole craft experience has filled that creative vacuum. I've always been a fan of paper, stationary, good pens, and fun office supplies. The scrapbook/paper craft world is like office supplies on steroids. On top off all the scrap booking, and paper craft options there is a blog to go with each. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading and being inspired by these most talented artists. As soon as I learn to add a blog roll thingy, I will link to the blogs I read.

And if you find yourself needing a creative fix, please check out Scrapbooks From the Heart in OKC. Here's their website; www.scrapbooksfromtheheartokc.com It is run by Jennifer Wells, and they offer great classes, great supplies, and lots of friendly faces.

2 comments:

Mercynursey said...

You may think that you have come upon a dry spell with the writing. But I don't think so - your choice of words and the way you put them together and your descriptions, etc. are great. I love reading your writing. You really are quite a wordsmith and a (paper packrat!) : ) Love you and the men in your life. mom

Teacup Mosaics said...

Oh my, this afternoon when I looked on my front porch there was a package from YOU. Just like Christmas on St. Paddy's Day. Of course it was the first thing I opened when I got home and to my tea-light you sent so many tea goodies. It's a little scary that you sent a "tea for one" because...I collect them. How did you know? Thank you for all the goodies, I can't wait to try the teas, the cherry almond smells so yummy.
You are much more organized than I because of course I waited until the last minute to send your tea goodies out, of course today. So look for a package in the next couple of days. This too is my first swap, what fun. Thank you again I will think of you every time I sip cherry almond and wedding tea.
Kelley