Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I gained 51 pounds




of pecans this week! My pecan tree is producing more pecans than I know what to do with. As I've been out in the yard, with my pecan-picker-upper (really, that's the name-see pic on rt.side) and my buckets, I'm learning what it means to be fruitful. It is more than one flower, or one pecan or one grape. It is bountiful-1.Giving freely and generously; liberal. 2. Marked by abundance; plentiful.




This concept of Bountiful was driven home even more so on Saturday after my first bridal shower. I was indeed showered with gifts that were freely given and generous. It was a blessing!


So as I go out each evening wandering around my yard, picking those pecans, I am reminded of what it means for me to be fruitful, and the bounitful gifts of the Lord. In this season before marriage, it is nice to reminded of these things.




No comments: